Toilet training your cat. They say it can be done, and CitiKitty has put together a complete Cat Toilet Training Kit to help make it incredibly easy. Now, I haven’t tried this yet myself, but after reading all about the CitiKitty I think I’m going to give it a shot.
The kit includes a training seat that is placed underneath the toilet seat to transition your cat from the litter box to the toilet. There’s also a training guide and a tip sheet, plus a packet of CitiNip catnip for use during the training process. The training guide has explicit instructions on how to first move your cat from using the litter box to using the toilet with litter, and then to using just the toilet with no litter. It’s a multi-step process that can be used with any cat that is healthy, at least three months old, and already successfully litter-box trained. It is also possible to train multiple cats at once.
According to CitiKitty, the benefits of toilet training your cat include:
- NO MORE LITTER MESS Toilet trained cats do not use kitty litter, eliminating the mess and smell of a litter box from your home.
- BETTER FOR YOUR CAT Because your cat is toilet trained they will no longer be exposed to chemicals and silica dust found in many litter brands, which has been proven to cause respiratory and other health-related problems in cats.
- SAVE $$$ Toilet trained cat owners have the luxury of not having to purchase kitty litter, saving them thousands of dollars.
- BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT Each year more than 4 billion pounds of kitty litter is sent to landfills in the United States. Most of that litter is made from strip mined clay which is a non-renewable resource. By toilet training your cat you help preserve precious resources.
- MORE TIME FOR YOUR CAT Why spend endless hours cleaning up a litter box when you can be spending it playing with your cat!
Now, this may not be for every cat, but there are an awful lot of comments from satisfied customers on the CitiKitty website, and there seem to be quite a few success stories, so it just might work for your cat.
A few words about flushing cat feces
This is a controversial topic, as we found out last year during Litter Week. I uncovered some important information, first read this post about the problems that can be caused by flushing cat feces, then make sure to read the follow-up post about how it can be quite safe to flush in most situations.
Enter to Win a CityKitty Cat Toilet Training Kit PLUS one of Two $100 Shopping Sprees at CitiKitty.com!
CitiKitty not only makes the toilet training kit, but they also offer a wide variety of other cat-related products on their newly re-designed website CitiKitty.com and this is your chance to win a $100 shopping spree! Two winners will be selected in a random drawing and each will receive a CitiKitty Cat Toilet Training Kit plus a $100 credit to spend on any products at CitiKitty.com. To enter, please leave a comment on this post with your thoughts about toilet training your cat. Have you ever tried it before? Are you thinking about making the transition? The drawing will take place on November 18 and the winners will be notified via email. One entry per person. This giveaway is limited to addresses in the US and Canada.