If you’re in the Denver area, you won’t want to miss CatFest, this Saturday at the Dumb Friends League! Here’s your chance to meet Jackson Galaxy, who will be there from noon to 3 pm, plus there will be tons of activities and freebies all day long:
- Activities for kids, including games, crafts, face painting, spray-on tattoos, balloon animals and a bouncy house
- Purebred cat exhibition, with breeds like European Burmese, Ocicat, Egyptian Mau and Persian
- Behavior and veterinary advice from cat experts
- Cat clicker-training and play-therapy demonstrations
- Goodie bags for the first 500 cat lovers who complete their CatFest punch cards by visiting all event booths
- Goodie bags for the first 100 cat adopters
- Live broadcast by Radio Disney from 10 a.m. to noon.
I will be in the Meow Market with The Cat’s Trapeze, so please stop by our booth to check it out. The Meow Market will feature 20 vendors selling cat-related merchandise.
While you’re there, you can also check out the adoptable cats and kittens. There will be a $10 adoption special on all cats over 7 months old.
“CatFest is a fun and educational event that’s intended to encourage cat adoptions, as well as give pet lovers the opportunity to learn more about our feline friends.”
–Bob Rohde, President and CEO of the Dumb Friends League
CatFest will be held this Saturday, July 14 from 10 am to 3 pm at the Dumb Friends League, 2080 S. Quebec St. in Denver. Parking will be available at the shelter and in the Big Lots shopping center parking lot on the northeast corner of Quebec & Iliff. Admission is free. More information at ddfl.org. We hope to see you there!